Thanks to Taig team, we now have a jailbreak for iOS 8 and it appears to be one of the easiest jailbreaks ever released. The jailbreak was released earlier this week and also covers the iOS 9 although some users on the beta are having trouble with the jailbreak. Update : This tutorial has been updated to support the latest iOS 10 firmware.
Image : Taig Jailbreak Tutorial
At this stage, Taig is only available for Windows users and is only in the Chinese language but, to help you out, we have a tutorial for you to follow. Please make sure that you back your data up through iCloud and iTunes before you install the jailbreak. Although it is rare for anything to go seriously wrong during a jailbreak, if you do need to restore and start again, you will lose everything.
Taig Jailbreak supports the following devices:
- iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S
- iPad 2,3,4
- iPad Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPod Touch 5
How to Jailbreak with TaiG :
Here is a step by step process for jailbreaking using Taig . The video tutorial is at the bottom of the screen .
- Download TaiG Jailbreak utility for your computer
- This is a zip file so extract the file contents and save them to your desktop
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed
- Connect your iOS device to your PC and make sure it is recognized in iTunes
- Using iTunes restore your iOS device – Do NOT update using OTA
- Turn off Find My iPhone – Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone
- Disable your passcode and/or Touch ID – Settings > Touch ID and Passcode
- Open Control Center and enable Airplane Mode
- Right click the Taig icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator
- Click on Yes
- Taig should detect your iOS device
- There are two boxes on the screen – Leave the first one ticked as this downloads Cydia but untick the second box
- Click the green Start button
- Leave Taig to jailbreak your device – when it has finished a smiley face will appear
- Your device will reboot and Cydia will be on your Home screen
That’s it, you have successfully jailbroken iOS . Check out the video tutorial below for the above mentioned process .
Video : TaiG Jailbreak Video Tutorial
Were you expecting to see a jailbreak for iOS this quickly, or at all ? There are some who believe they should have waited for iOS to be released before releasing the jailbreak – what do you think .