When Apple released iOS 8.1.2, it was only a small update, mainly to fix an issue with iTunes ringtone purchases. However, it also brought a number of other bug fixes and improvements that are beneficial to all users. On top of that, the update did not patch the jailbreak and Taig updated their utility to support it. If you were one of those who purchased a ringtone that subsequently disappeared, updating to iOS 8.1.2 will restore them to your device and you should be able to purchase them in the future without any trouble.
Image : Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 with TaiG
If you haven’t updated to iOS 8.1.2 or you haven’t used Taig to jailbreak yet, now is an ideal time to do it. There are indications that iOS 8.1.3 is on its way and we are expecting 8.2 at any time; either one of those could patch the jailbreak, closing the door on you being able to use it.
Taig Jailbreak Supported Devices
The Taig jailbreak supports all devices that can run iOS 8:
- iPod Touch 5
- iPad 2,3,4
- iPad Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 Plus
Before You Jailbreak :
- Back up all your data through iTunes and or iCloud
- Disable your Passcode and/or Touch ID – Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
- Disable Find my iPhone – Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone
- Put your device into Airplane Mode
- Update your device to iOS 8.1.2 using iTunes – if you have already updated OTA, you will need to restore via iTunes as the jailbreak will not work otherwise
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 with Taig
At the moment, Taig is only available for Windows users. If you have a Mac, you can follow this workaround to get the jailbreak.
- Download Taig ver 1.2.0
- Extract the files to your desktop
- Connect your iOS device to your PC and right-click the Taig icon on your desktop
- Select Run as Administrator
- Wait for Taig to pick up and recognize your iOS device
- If you only want Cydia downloaded, uncheck the box next to 3K Assistant
- Click on the green Jailbreak button
- Taig will now jailbreak your device – do not touch anything until the jailbreak is complete, you will see a smiley face on the screen and your device will reboot.
- The Cydia icon will be on one of your home screens and the jailbreak has been successful.
You can now restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch from your recent backup and get all of your settings and apps back. To do this, plug your device into your computer and open iTunes. Click on Restore backup and choose the most recent one to restore from. Belos is s short video explaining the entire tutorial .
Video : Taig Jailbreak Video on Windows