The iOS community has felt an uproar of happiness as the TaiG team has just released the much awaited jailbreak for iOS 8.1.3 – iOS 8.3 ! This jailbreak is Windows only and supports the devices running iOS 8.1.3 to iOS 8.3 . The jailbreak tool has been named TaiG 2.0 . You can download it right away from links below this article .
Image : Taig Jailbreak 8.1.3 – 8.3 Download Released
This release comes suddenly and surprisingly, as we were under the impressions that an iOS 8.3 jailbreak would be released by the Pangu team first, while TaiG would work on the iOS 9 jailbreak. But this move from TaiG is quite interesting and has taken the whole jailbreak community by surprise.
Though a lot of things, including Cydia Substrate, need an update for iOS 8.3. So there is limited support for jailbreak apps and tweaks. Also, many jailbreakers are reporting errors with the jailbreak, saying that the tool gets stuck at 20% progress or “Apple driver hasn’t been found” errors while running the app in Windows . But as of now, the jailbreak is hot and fresh, and if you want to get your hands on it, then follow the below given process.
How to Install TaiG 2.0 Jailbreak on iOS 8.1.3:
Update : Mac users must know that Taig is ony supported on Windows PC. If you want 8.1.3 – 8.3 uoto 8.4 Jailbreak , you must download PP Jailbreak and jailbreak using that . Full Mac jailbreak tutorial can be found here .
The TaiG 2.0 jailbreak is compatible with all the iOS devices running iOS 8.1.3 – iOS 8.3, including iPod, iTouch, iPad, iPhone, etc. As stated before, many jailbreak plugins/cydia apps are still not available with this jailbreak, so please wait patiently for the next update and enjoy this jailbreak as of now.
Follow the steps as given below :
- First Backup : The jailbreak is unique in its characteristics, and as stated before, is still missing out on some plugins and tweaks. So you should take a full backup of your data before you proceed with the jailbreak. If your device is not running iOS 8.3 and needs to be upgraded for the jailbreak,
then get the TaiG Pro tool and use the Data-Backup Upgrade Mode. Use iTunes for all iPhone – iPad related backups .
- Download : Your next step after a successful backup is to Download the fresh jailbreak released by TaiG. To get the TaiG Jailbreak V2.0.0 too, download it from here .
- If the passcode in your iOS device is turned on, it may lead to errors and you will not be able to jailbreak your device. Same thing applies for the “Find My Phone” option; you need to turn that off too. To turn off the passcode, browse to ‘Settings’, go to ‘Passcode’, fill in your passcode, and then turn off the Passcode. You will be asked for your passcode; enter it to Turn off passcode successfully. To Turn off the “Find My iPhone” feature, browse to ‘iCloud’ in ‘Settings’, tap on ‘Find My iPhone’ and turn it off.
- Make sure iTunes is at version 12.0.1 . If not you “may” get Stuck at 20% Error . Download iTunes 12.0.1 and install it .
- Make sure you don’t have any anti-virus programs targeting the app . So turn off your AV for few minutes to complete the program .
- Have your iOS device in Airplane Mode
- Now you are ready to jailbreak your device. To start the jailbreak process, open the TaiG Jailbreak Tool [in Administrator Mode] and connect your device to the computer. Make sure that your cable is not damaged and working fine. Also make sure that there are not too many programs running in the background, so that the jailbreak is completed without any errors.
- Now click on “Start” to jailbreak your device. Now keep your device aside, untouched, and wait with patience while the tool works. Dont forget to UnSelect 3K Assistant in the start screen .
- Done ! TaiG 2.0 Jailbreak is complete and Cydia installed on your device. Enjoy !