The Taig jailbreak made its first appearance with iOS 8.1.1, followed by an update to support iOS 8.1.2 after Apple failed to patch the jailbreak. While it has been touted as the most stable jailbreak ever, since its update to support iOS 8.1.2, a number of users have complained about an issue with installing it. While most users are able to install the jailbreak without any problem, some have reported that the installation is getting stuck at 30%.
Image : Error Message of Taig Jailbreak 8.1.2 Firmware
This has also been an issue for Jay Freeman when attempting to install the jailbreak using the Mac workaround. There is no utility for the Mac at this stage so users are being asked to install a Virtual PC to run Windows on and it seems that this is slowing down the emulator, causing problems with installation.
As a rule, the jailbreak should restart itself if it remains static for more than 20-30 minutes. This resets everything, meaning the jailbreak should run smoothly and a number of users have reported that this has worked for them. An alternative method is to try running the jailbreak on a different computer to see if that solves the issue.
Fix Taig Stuck at 30% during Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 :
Should neither of these work for the iOS 8.1.2 jailbreak, you can try the following tips .
- Ensure that your passcode is disabled before you attempt to jailbreak – Settings > Passcode
- The same goes for Touch ID if you use it – Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
- Disable Find my iPhone – Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone
- Change the Auto-lock on your iOS device – Settings > General > Auto-Lock and tap on Never
- Place your iOS device into Airplane Mode with through the Settings app or by swiping up and going into the Control Center
- Run the Taig jailbreak for iOS 8.1.2 as administrator – right-click the icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator
Following these tips should fix the problem and the iOS 8.1.2 jailbreak from Taig should install smoothly, without any hiccups. Full download and installation guides can be found below :
- Jailbreak with Taig for Windows or Mac