iOS 10 is here and, like every new version of iOS software, the first few days are a bit of a problem as millions of people try to download iOS 10 [ext link] it at the same time. The Apple servers simply can’t cope and some users are being faced with an error message that says “An error occurred downloading iOS 10”. The message is being received after the users have ticked the box agreeing to the Term and Conditions of the download.
Image : Software Update Failed iOS 10
There is no one type of iOS device being targeted here as a wide range of devices are reported as being affected. While Apple hasn’t yet come up with an official explanation, it is most likely the fact that the servers simply can’t cope with such an influx of people trying to download iOS 10 all at once. It could, in the odd case, be that there is an underlying issue or bug that causes it but this will be a very rare case. Luckily, there are a couple of things you can try to rid yourself of this problem while updating to iOS 10 firmware. These are not guaranteed to work for everyone.
Fix Software Update Failed iOS 10 :
- Reboot the iOS device that you are going to update to iOS 10
- Reboot your Wi-Fi, check that it is working OK and that you have a good strong signal
- Reset your network settings. To do this, open Settings on your iOS device and tap on General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You will have to log back in to your Wi-Fi network again afterwards
- Don’t update OTA. Instead, use the iTunes method – it may be more successful for you
With any luck one of these will be successful for you, even if you have to go through all of them to find one that does work. If not, you have two options left open to you.
- Wait until Apple fixes the update error before you update. This isn’t going to be an option if the problem is not caused by a bug or unless Apple makes more server capacity available to cope with the numbers
- There is no need to update the minute the new firmware is released; you won’t be missing anything by waiting a few days. Let the rush of users downloading die down a bit first and wait to see if there are any problems before you hit that download button
Quick Links :