Just over 2 weeks ago, Taig released an untethered jailbreak for iOS 9 and has since updated it to support iOS 9.0.2, released just a couple of days ago. The jailbreak came out of the blue because, after Apple patched the Pangu jailbreak with iOS 9, no one expected to see another one until iOS 9.2 was released .
Image : Delete TaiG Jailbreak from iOS 8
Because the jailbreak came from an unknown source, it was thoroughly tested and inspected by well-known developers and declared safe to use. It was also declared to be one of the most stable jailbreaks ever with few people experiencing any major issues after downloading it. The biggest bugbear with the utility now is that it only works on windows-based computers although a Mac version is being worked on as we speak. There is a workaround for Mac owners though and, if you haven’t yet installed the jailbreak, you can do so using these tutorials:
If you have installed it and for some reason decide that you want to remove it, there is a straightforward way to do it.
How to Remove Taig Jailbreak
- Download the iOS 9.x.x IPSW for your device . Use the latest version at that time .
- Using your USB cable, connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod to your computer and launch iTunes
- Hold down the SHIFT key if you use Windows or OPTION key if your use a Mac and click on RESTORE in the device summary page in iTunes
- Locate the IPSW you downloaded and click it
- Agree to the restore and iTunes will do the work, removing the Taig jailbreak and all your jailbreak tweaks and modifications
- When your iOS device reboots it will be running an unjailbroken version of iOS latest version that you have selected at the time of installation.
Did you decide to remove the Taig jailbreak form your device ? Let us know what your reasons were in the comments box below. Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter; updates will be sent direct to your inbox.