MovieBox is one of the most popular apps of all times for people who love to watch movies and TV shows on their iPhones or iPads. It is packed with all the latest content, plenty of streaming options, a Full HD section and there is no need to download the movies first if you don’t want to, which is great for those who don’t have much storage space left on their devices.
Image : MovieBox Download Tutorial
Before you think about downloading MovieBox, there are a couple of things that you need to know:
- You do not need to install Cydia [ext link] to use MovieBox
- You can’t download it as an app from the iOS app store. Apple is very strict on what they let into their app store and this is one app that will not pass their requirements. However, it is very safe to use, and we will be providing you with full instructions on how to download MovieBox using an app installer called AppValley.
How to Download MovieBox :
Not everyone will be used to this way of downloading apps but, although the steps seem a little complicated, they really aren’t. We need to do it this way because we can’t get past Apple’s security chains in any other way. Later we will talk about errors that you may receive, in particular one where MovieBox doesn’t work. This is a simple certificate error and is very easy to fix but more on that later. First, the download steps:
- Using the steps at the link, Download AppValley [ ext link ]
- Now open AppValley and go to the Search facility
- Type in MovieBox [ext link] and then wait while the results list is populated
- Tap the result that corresponds to the iOS version you are currently running
- Tap Download on the message that loads and then, on the confirmation message, tap
- Wait for the installation to finish and then close AppValley
- The MovieBox icon should be on your home screen simply tap to open it and start streaming your movies or TV shows
How to Fix MovieBox Errors :
There are two errors with MovieBox, one that you may come across and one that you definitely will , both are easy to fix. First, the certificate error. If you find that MovieBox does not open or you get an Unknown Source error, it will be because it is a World of Enterprise Profile and, because Apple does not recognise these profiles, you need to give them permission to run the apps. Here’s how to fix it:
- On your iOS device, open Settings
- Open General > Profile & Device Management
- Locate the World of Enterprise certificate and tap it
- Tap Trust, close Settings and MovieBox will work
This is something you can do before you attempt to open MovieBox, so you don’t get that error message.
The second error is one that all of you will experience, MovieBox, and anything else you download through AppValley will crash a few days after downloading them. This is down to Apple revoking the app certificates because they don’t consider these apps to be valid. By downloading Anti Revoke [ext link], you can protect your certificates, stop them from being revoked and continue using them with no interruptions.
MovieBox Alternative :
If MovieBox isn’t what you want, or it doesn’t work for you then have a look at this alternative app:
CinemaBox is another movie streaming app, this time supporting Chromecast. CinemaBox allows you to stream immediately or download content to watch later on offline. It also has a special Kids Mode that can be enabled for when your kids watch TV o movies through it. It is updated regularly with new content, is perfectly safe to use and works on both iOS and Android without the need to jailbreak or root your device. Click the link to get more details on downloading CinemaBox.
If you prefer to jailbreak and you can install it, you can try Taig jailbreak or Yalu. Follow the instructions at the linked posts and then you can download MovieBox via Cydia the same way you would any jailbreak app.
Let us know how you get on with MovieBox and follow us on Facebook for more updates.