iOS 10.2 has been released and, like every other iOS 10 update before it, the jailbreak community is looking for a jailbreak. The jailbreak teams seem to have gone to ground for now, although that isn’t to say that teams like Taig aren’t working away on a new jailbreak utility for us. In recent times, Luca Todesco has been somewhat more vocal and warned us that iOS 10.2 Jailbreak [ext link] was going to be difficult but, in a surprise move, he has come through with a jailbreak for us. It’s called Yalu Jailbreak and there are two ways to download it and both Taig Jailbreak directly on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Image : iOS 10.2 Jailbreak Update
How to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 :
There are two ways to get jailbreak on your iOS 10.2 device. Both the methods are explained below. Follow them step by step to get your iOS 10.2 jailbreak.
Method 1 : Safari
- Open Safari on your iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone [ this is the only browser this method will work with ]
- Go to the address bar, type in taigjailbreak.org and tap Go
- Our mobile website will now load up and you will see an UP arrow [ top right or bottom center of your screen , tap on it ]
- This will bring up several options on the bottom of the screen , tap on Add to Home Screen
- A new screen will now appear, asking you to give the icon a new name; call it Taig and then tap on Add
- When you come out of Safari, you will see the Taig icon on your home screen. Tapping it will give you direct access to Taig jailbreak updates
Video: This video walks you through these steps
Method 2 : Yalu Jailbreak
The fact that Luca Todesco released Yalu Jailbreak is surprising, because he isn’t known for sharing jailbreaks with the public. However, he does say that this may be the last public jailbreak for some time and it does come with some caveats attached .
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
- At the time of writing, Yalu jailbreak is a beta jailbreak and is likely to cause instability problems on your iOS device, as well as being glitchy. The decision on downloading it is yours but it may be advisable to wait until an update is released.
- Yalu is also a semi-untethered jailbreak. For those not in the know, you are going to have to re-jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch every single time it reboots
- You cannot download Yalu jailbreak directly onto your iOS device; you will need to use Cydia Impactor and a valid Apple ID for the process
- iOS 10.2 doesn’t have official support in Yalu jailbreak but we know that some people have managed to install it on iOS 10.2 without any trouble
Given all of that, if you are still happy to have a go at installing Yalu Jailbreak, all the information you need is in the following links :
Let us know how you get on and, for all the latest updates, follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter