iOS 10 has been a long time coming but it is finally here and available for download on all supported devices. The latest firmware is full of great new features, enhancements and improvements and, for a step by step detailed guide on how to download iOS 10 [ext link], click the given link. iOS 10.0.1 has also been released as a minor bug fix. However, only today iOS 10.1 download [ full download ] has been released for all iOS devices worldwide.
Image : iOS 10.1 Jailbreak
iOS 10.1 contains a number of new features designed to enhance the iSight Dual camera system on the new iPhone 7 Plus and anyone who has the new handset will want to take advantage of those features. Can we jailbreak it ? Find out below.
Quick Download TaiG Jailbreak app on iOS 10.1 :
This method supports both 32 bit and 64 bit iOS devices that have iOS 10.1 firmware installed.
- Launch the Safari web browser on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 10.1 firmware .
- Now simply type in this url taigjailbreak.org in the Safari address bar .
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to find the UP arrow. iPad users will find that on top right corner of the screen. Tap on it to proceed.
- This will bring up the option to Add to HomeScreen. Tap on this to proceed
- Now rename the Taig app icon as Taig . Tap on Add to proceed .
- On your homescreen now you will find the Taig 10.1 jailbreak app icon. Tao on it to get access to the latest Cydia iOS 10.1 app [ext link] updates directly in device with using a PC.
Video : Here is a step by step video explaining of the above process
TaiG iOS 10.1 Jailbreak Release Date :
There is every chance that an iOS 10.1 jailbreak could be released, especially as we now know that it can be jailbroken. Recently, Luca Todesco did his usual and teased the fact that both new iOS 10 versions can, indeed be jailbroken. His proof came in the form of a video of an iPad and a photo of a black iPhone 7 both running Cydia on iOS 10 and iOS 10.0.1 respectively.
Image : Cydia iOS 10.1
However, although we know it can be done, we are waiting on Taig to produce an official working jailbreak that can be used publicly on all iOS 10 compatible devices and that may be some time in coming. It takes a lot of work to produce a fully working and safe jailbreak and, with iOS 10.1 now in the pipeline, it could be that Taig will now wait until that I released before they produce anything for us to use.
Our advice right now is, if you have not updated to iOS 10 and are still using the PPHelper jailbreak on iOS 9.2 – iOS 9.3.3, do not update now. If you do, you will lose the jailbreak and you will lose the ability to jailbreak until such time as a new utility is released.
To be kept fully up to date on the iOS 10.1 jailbreak situation, follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter.