One of the reasons why people jailbreak is to download Game Emulators that let them install and play their favorite console games onto their iOS devices. This is something that Apple does not let us do, not allowing the developers of these emulators to upload their apps to the iOS store. One that we could use was GBA4iOS but, when they released iOS 8.1, Apple stopped it from working and, despite the best efforts of the developer, it has finally been closed down for good.
Image : Delta Emulator Download
However, he has been working on another way for us to download these emulators and has come up with Delta Emulator. Similar to GBA4iOS, Delta allows you to play games from the following consoles :
- Game Boy
- Game Boy Advance
- Nintendo 64
- Super Nintendo
While there will be support added for more consoles later, if your games were available on these ones then you can follow the steps below to add Delta Emulator [ext link] to your iOS device.
Image : Delta Emulator
Supported Devices :
If you own one of these devices, Delta Emulator will work:
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch
How to Download Delta Emulator :
- Open Safari browser and go to deltaemulator.org
- Wait for our mobile website to load and then tap the UP arrow. It will be in the top right hand corner or the center of the bottom of the page
- When a row of options appears at the bottom of the screen, choose the one that says Add to Home Screen
- Now a new page will load, one that asks you to name your icon so type Delta into the box and then tap on the Add button in the top right-hand corner
- Now you can come out of Safari and the Delta Emulator app icon will be on one of your home pages
Video: This video is a demonstration of the steps
While most people should enjoy using Delta Emulator to play their favorite games, not everyone will find it useful. If you do want to remove it from your device, simply follow our simple steps on how to Delete Delta Emulator [ext link].
Tell us how you get on and if you have any trouble running Delta Emulator. To stay up to date with all the latest news, Subscribe to our free email newsletter and Follow us on Facebook.