Jailbreaking has given iOS users the freedom to make full use of the capabilities of their devices by freeing them of the limits that Apple has imposed on them. Jailbreaking brings a lot of interesting features which stock iOS does not provide. TaiG team has provided us with iOS 8.4 jailbreak and all is going well in the jailbreak community.
Image : Remove TaiG Jailbreak from iPhone How-to
But there are times when your iPhone runs into an issue and you are required to take it to the Apple Store to get it fixed. At such times, you cannot take a jailbroken phone there, as jailbreaking your iOS device voids its warranty. So you will have to get back to the stock iOS. Also, if you are planning to sell your iOS device, you will again want to sell it with stock iOS without damaging its jailbreaking abilities. But everything is not so well and good in this case, as unjailbreaking your iOS device requires you to update it to the next iOS version, which might not be jailbroken and you will thus end up with an unjailbreakable device until another jailbreak comes out.
However, the problem has been now resolved with two methods. One is using Cydia Impactor while other is using iTunes. Please note that simply resetting your settings will not remove the jailbreak and you will still find Cydia on your home screen. So use any one of the below-given two methods.
1. Remove TaiG Jailbreak using Cydia Impactor :
- Backup your iOS device completely with iCloud or iTunes.
- Ensure that your device is at least 20% charged and plugged in.
- Launch Cydia, search for Cydia Impactor and install it.
- Now open Cydia Impactor and tap on delete all data and unjailbreak device. Next, tap Delete All to start the process. Now sit patiently and don’t touch the device.
- After Cydia Impactor has finished unjailbreaking your device, your device will reboot and welcome screen will come up. Now you need to do the intial iOS setup and activation.
Note: Cydia Impactor is still in its beta version, so it might be buggy or may cause your device to misbehave. The tool is not supported in the recently launched iPod Touch 6.
2. Delete TaiG Jailbreak using iTunes :
- You need to completely backup your iOS device before performing a restore. It is recommended that you update your iTunes to the latest version and then backup your device. Plug in your iOS device to your computer and launch iTunes. Now open the summary for your device and select Back Up. Click on the Back Up Now option to perform the backup. You can also backup your device through iCloud also.
- Now download the latest iOS IPSW firmware file. Your device should be connected to your computer and iTunes should be open. The latest firmware available at the time is ok . iOS 9.0.2 was the latest when we wrote this tutorial .
- Now browse to your device summary.
- Hold down the Shift Key if on Windows or the Alt Key if on Mac and click the Restore button simultaneously.
- Now select the iOS IPSW file which you downloaded in Step 2.
- Now iTunes will start the restore process.
- After it has completed, your iOS device will get unjailbroken and will return to stock iOS . You can now restore all your personal data from the backup.
Note : As of now, iOS 8.4 is jailbroken. You will thus lose your jailbreak if you upgrade to iOS 9, unless a jailbreak is released for the firmware.
Keep yourself updated with latest news and tutorials. Subscribe to our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook .