We are just a couple of weeks away from iOS 10 being released, along with the new iPhone 7 | 7 Plus and, while we hope to see a jailbreak utility released fairly quickly, we may have to accept that Apple is making things harder and that it may take a while longer for iOS 10 Jailbreak. In the meantime, we do have a recent jailbreak, PPHelper for iOS 9 to iOS 9.3.5 which, provided you don’t update, will remain valid for use.
Image : Cydia Download Tutorial
If you are a first time user or if you are yet to download Cydia onto your iOS 9 device, here’s how to do it:
How to Download Cydia :
There are two methods for Cydia Download :
- Downloading the Cydia app icon onto your iOS device without the need to use a computer [ No Mac or PC ]
- Jailbreaking your iOS device using PPHelper jailbreak
Method 1 : Using Safari
By using Safari, you will Download Cydia app [ext link] icon onto your iOS device with one-tap access to all the latest Cydia updates. You do not need to use a computer and you can Delete Cydia [ext link] app icon at any time.
- Ensure that you are on a version of iOS 9 through to iOS 9.3.5. If not, you will need to update your device now or you will not be able to use this method
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Safari. This will not work with any other browser
- Type in cydiaios7.com to the address bar and tap on Go
- A specially designed jailbreak page will load up. Tap the UP arrow – top if the page on the iPad and bottom on the iPhone
- Now taop on Add to HomeScreen
- Name your app icon Cydia , Tap on Add
- Exit Safari and you will see the Cydia app icon on your Home screen. Simply tap on it to open the page and get the latest Cydia updates
Video: The video below shows you all these steps
Method 2 : PPHelper Jailbreak
If you are running on iOS 9 to iOS 9.3.5 and you want to download Cydia by way of jailbreaking, you will need to install PPHelper Jailbreak. A full tutorial, including download links, can be found at the given link.
Note : Do be aware that not all of the Cydia apps and tweaks are fully compatible with iOS 9.3.5 yet so do read the notes with each tweak before you download it. If you try to download incompatible tweaks it can cause all sorts of issues on your iOS device which may result in you having to restore and losing your jailbreak.
To make sure you are always kept up to date with the latest jailbreak and Cydia news, follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter for updates straight to your inbox.