The TaiG team is really proving to be a very talented hacking team with its jailbreaking activities that it did recently. TaiG was the first to bring in the much-needed jailbreak for iOS 8.3 with its TaiG 2.0. But it did not go well with the users as the tool was giving many installation errors to the users. Some were getting stuck at 20% progress while others were experiencing other critical issues. Apart from these errors, there were a lot of other drawbacks in the jailbreak, such as not being able to install many jailbreak tweaks due to unavailability of Cydia Substrate. TaiG promptly got to work and brought the final 2.1.3 version to the users which resolved all the problems and became a fully-functional iOS 8.3 jailbreak.
Image : Error Fix Apple Driver Hasn’t Been Found
Fast forward to today. Apple just released their new iOS 8.4 yesterday with the new Music app and shockingly enough, 25 PP released a jailbreak for this fresh OS in just an hour. But it was just the TaiG clone with compatibility fixes for iOS 8.4, and the PP tool was not so trustworthy at all. In a matter of a few hours, TaiG released their brand new TaiG 2.2.0 jailbreak tool for iOS 8.4, thus increasing its fan base and making us all bow down in respect.
Apple Driver Hasn’t Been Found Error is TaiG Tool
But it seems like not everything is well with the iOS 8.4 jailbreak too. The TaiG 2.2.0 has got some errors which was experienced by many users while trying out the tool. Many users have reported getting an error that says ‘Apple driver hasn’t been found’ when they tried jailbreaking iOS 8.4/8.3 with the TaiG tool. If you are also experiencing the same then here’s the explanation.
It is likely that you are experiencing the error only if your computer is running a 64-bit Windows OS and do not have a 64-bit driver for iTunes installed. Contrary to the previous versions of the TaiG tool which worked only on the older version of iTunes, TaiG 2.1.3/ 2.2.0 work with the latest iTunes version, so you don’t need to downgrade. But those running 64-bit Windows may get the aforementioned error while trying to jailbreak.
Before you Start Troubleshooting :
- Make sure iTunes is at version 12.0.1 . If not , Downgrade your iTunes.
- Make sure that your idevice is at 8.1.3-8.3
- Make sure icloud and your passcode/touch id is off
- Make sure you don’t have any anti-virus programs targeting the app (I had that happen to me with this)
- Make sure that your running the app as an administrator program (to do that, right click the program and press “Run as Administrator”)
- Make sure you didn’t do the OTA (over the air) upgrade through your settings. If you do, back up your data, put your idevice in DFU mode, and format the device through itunes
- Have your iOS device in airplane mode .
To fix this issue, you will be required to download and install the 64-bit version of iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows. Follow the below given steps below .
- Go to this link to download iTunes . Make sure you download the 64-bit version only, as the video card issue will resolve only with that version.
- Once the install file is downloaded, double-click on it to run it. It will be named as ‘itunes64setup.exe‘.
- Now the installer will open. Just follow the instructions given on the screen in order to install iTunes on your computer. Installing this version will not affect your iTunes library.
How to Resolve the Apple Driver Hasn’t Been Found Error
So if you are getting the error too, then follow the below-given steps to resolve the issue –
- Ensure that your Windows is a 64-bit version and has the latest version of iTunes installed in it. If your iTunes is outdated, you can download the latest up-to-date version from Apple directly from this link [ext link].
- Go to this link and download the 64-bit driver for iTunes for Windows. It will be named as iTunesDriver64_0205.exe. Once download, install it.
- Now download the latest TaiG jailbreak tool [ if jailbreaking an iOS 8.3 device ] or get the TaiG 2.2.0 [ if you are on iOS 8.4 ].
- After the TaiG tool has been downloaded, launch it and start the jailbreak process. Now you will not receive any error saying Apple driver hasn’t been found.
Though the initial versions of the TaiG tool have some minor issues, the TaiG team promptly resolves them in a few hours and thus is the best and the most trustworthy source of iOS jailbreaks as of now. Hence, it is recommended that you avoid the PP jailbreak unless it has been cleared of all security issue suspicions.