Perhaps one of the most downloaded type of app in Cydia is the screen recorder app and one of the most popular used to be AirShou. Sadly, it disappeared from Cydia for a while, leaving us having to find other alternatives. Right now, unless you are on iOS 9.3.3 and using PPHelper jailbreak, there is no way to Download Cydia because there is no current jailbreak for iOS 10 and no news of when we can expect to see one.
Image : AirShou Download Tutorial
Fortunately for us, there is still a way to get a screen recorder app on our iOS devices because AirShou is back and we are going to tell you how to download it without having to install a jailbreak on your iPhone iPad or iPod touch. This is great news for everyone, even those who don’t want to install a jailbreak on their device because everyone can now use AirShou [ext link] without any restrictions.
Features of AirShou :
- No need to install Cydia so everyone can enjoy it
- Very efficient recording app because it doesn’t hog your processor and slow your device down
- Very easy to use and easy to delete if no longer required
- Will record in high quality stereo
- Will record at up to 1080p and 60fps
- Record anything on your screen, a game, how to use an app, etc.
Supported Devices :
AirShou is compatible with iOS 7 through to iOS 9 on the following devices. There are more features available for those on iOS 9 or iOS 1 so make sure you install it and take advantage of them:
- iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus
- iPod Touch 5th and 6th Generation
- iPad, iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Pro – both models
- iPad Mini, Mini 2, 3
Download AirShou :
You can’t just head to the iOS app store and download AirShou; first you must install another app called Emu4iOS. The steps below show you how to download and install both of the apps so make sure you have a strong internet connection on your iOS device and that you are not already running a jailbreak. Also, you can only do this using the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad; it won’t work on any of the other browsers
- Download Emu4iOS [ click on the link for instructions ]
- Open the Safari browser
- Type airshou.org into the address bar. Tap on Go and wait for the page to load up fully
- When it does, find the UP arrow and tap on it , it will be in the top corner on the iPad and at the bottom of the screen on the iPhone
- When the options list appears, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Now you will be asked to name the icon so type in AirShou and tap Add
- When you exit Safari, the AirShou icon will be shown on your home screen
Video: this is walkthrough of these steps
Tell us what you think of AirShou and get more tips like this in your inbox by following us on Facebook. You can also Subscribe to our free email newsletter for instant updates.