Windows, the most used operating system in the world, has received a new update. Microsoft has bumped up the Windows 8.1 OS and added a lot more features to bring out the fresh Windows 10. The much needed Start Menu is back and Microsoft has also integrated its virtual assistant Cortana in the new OS. Many users have already updated to Windows 10.
Image : Jailbreaking using Taig 2.4.3 on Windows 10
But iOS users who are regular jailbreakers or those who want to jailbreak their iOS devices and have updated to or are thinking of updated to Windows 10 are in a great confusion. The question is whether the TaiG jailbreak tool, the leading iOS 8.4 jailbreak by the leading jailbreak tool, will work with Windows 10 or not. Though there has been no official statement by TaiG on this, many users have already tried the TaiG 2.4.3 Jailbreak Tool on Windows 10 and have confirmed that it works smoothly.
TaiG Jailbreak Compatibility with Windows 10 :
TaiG 2.4.3 Jailbreak Tool works on iOS 8.1.3 right up to 8.4. If you have used the TaiG tool before, you will find the 2.4.3 version of the tool very familiar. If not, then don’t worry. The process is very simple and the tutorial given below will help you jailbreak your iOS device on the latest version of Microsoft Windows 10.
The TaiG tool is a Windows Only tool and the TaiG team has not yet released a Mac supported tool. So in case you don’t have a Windows PC and use Mac, they will not be able to run the tool without using a Windows emulator. If you use Mac and do not want to use an emulator for it, you can use the PP Jailbreak for iOS 8.4 for Mac which is equally good and free of any errors, providing a perfect jailbreak.
How to Jailbreak with TaiG 2.x.x on Windows 10 :
- You must backup your device with iTunes or iCloud before you can start with the jailbreak process. It is a good habit to back up your data so you never have problems if you accidentally lose it.
- When the backup is complete, go to this link and download the TaiG 2.4.3 jailbreak tool.
- If you do not have the latest version of iTunes on your Windows 10 PC, do not go ahead with the jailbreak without updating your iTunes first.
- Next, make a fresh restore of your iOS device to iOS 8.4 from scratch. You must do this as TaiG and other such modern jailbreaks do not work properly with OTA updates. You can get the iOS 8.4 firmware file from the following link : Download iOS 8.4 IPSW.
- Now disable the Find My iPhone option in your iOS device by browsing to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone. Toggle Find My iPhone off by filling in your Apple ID and password when prompted for.
- You also need to disable Touch ID/Passcode. Do this by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. Tap the Turn Passcode Off option.
- Next, connect your iOS device to your Windows 10 PC.
- Now open the TaiG 2.4.3 jailbreak tool that you downloaded in the 2nd Step. Make sure you launch the tool in Administrator mode.
- After the TaiG tool identifies your device, ensure that the 3K Assistant check-box is unchecked. Finally, click the Start button in the TaiG tool to begin jailbreaking your device.
- When the jailbreak process is completed successfully, your iOS device will reboot and you will notice the Cydia icon on your home screen.
- You have successfully jailbroken your iOS device on your Windows 10 PC.
- You can now turn on Find My iPhone and Touch ID | Passcode options safely and install your favourite jailbreak tweaks. If you have jailbroken for the first time and do not know which tweaks to install, check out this list of Top 100 Best Jailbreak Tweaks for iOS 8.4 and iOS 9.