It’s been several months since we last saw a jailbreak; several months and a lot of updates by Apple. The sheer number of updates for iOS 9 are to fix a large number of bugs and instability issues and have also very likely patched some of the exploits that could have been used in a jailbreak. Understandably the jailbreak community is getting a little wound up over the lack of jailbreak tools available, especially since we appeared to be given a hint of a jailbreak at MOSEC, which took place earlier this month
Image : Taig 9.3.3 Jailbreak Installer
Well jailbreakers, you must wait no longer because the next iOS 9.3.3 jailbreak has arrived and it is called PPHelper. However, before you jump to join the millions of others downloading it, you do need to be aware of a couple of things first.
Things to Know :
- PPHelper will not work on any 32-bit device. While the vast majority of active devices are 64-bit, there will be a certain percentage of users that will not be able to use the jailbreak
- PPHelper is only compatible with Windows at this stage but, when we find a solution for the Mac user, we will pass all the details on to you
- Finally, PPHelper is in the Chinese language only at the moment. An English language version is being prepared as we speak though but, to make sure you don’t miss out, we have written a full tutorial on how to use it – links to follow
If you haven’t updated your device to iOS 9.3.3 download yet [ext link], now would be a good time to do it. That way you can take full advantage of all the bug fixes and all the performance enhancements before you jailbreak, making sure you get the best experience possible. Do make sure that you do NOT update using the OTA method – the jailbreak is not compatible with it.
Supported Devices :
These are the devices that are compatible with PPHelper jailbreak for iOS 9.3.3:
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 :
Choose from one of these methods to install PPHelper jailbreak onto your device:
Method 1 : PPHelper
You can use your Windows PC to install PPHelper jailbreak onto your iOS 9.3.3 device. Use the given link to access a full step by step tutorial.
Method 2 : Safari Method for iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak
Use the following steps to install Taig 9.3.3 onto your iOS device without the use of a computer. Read our iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak article for more details.
Method 3 : Taig 9.3.3 Installer
This is not available at the time of writing but we are expecting it to be released any time now. As soon as it is, we will let you know all the details .