Jailbreaking is one of the most popular pastimes on iOS devices and new ones are eagerly awaited whenever Apple updates their firmware. The latest jailbreak comes from Pangu and PP Assistant and it’s called PPHelper. However, it will only work on 64-bit iOS devices and it is a semi-untethered jailbreak. This means that it has to be reinstalled whenever your iPhone or iPad is rebooted but we do have a solution to that now. Luca Todesco has used the original JailbreakMe tool to come up with a utility that will automatically reactivate the jailbreak for you and you can find full instructions on how to use it at the given link. Follow the steps below to get PPHelper onto your iOS device.
Image : PPHelper Jailbreak
Things to Do Before Jailbreaking :
To make sure the jailbreak goes off smoothly, you must first prepare your device:
- Update iTunes to the latest version if you haven’t already done so
- Take a backup of your data through iTunes and or iCloud so you don’t lose everything in the event of a problem
- If you have already updated your device using the OTA method, you must now Restore it using iTunes, otherwise, the jailbreak will not work.
- Disable your passcode
- Disable Touch ID
- Disable Find my iPhone | iPad
- Make space on your device – delete all unneeded files, cache files, temporary files, etc. Delete apps that you no longer need or use and move your media files to an external storage source – you can put them back afterward.
How to Jailbreak with PPHelper Jailbreak :
- Download PPHelper [ext link] onto your computer [ Windows or Mac ]
- Now connect your PC and open iTunes , this is just to make sure your device is being recognized
- Close iTunes
- Right-click on the jailbreak icon on your desktop and click on Run as Administrator
- PPHelper will open, wait for it to pick up your connected iOS device
- If it doesn’t, disconnect your device, wait a minute and then reconnect it
- You may be asked to type a Captcha code in – do so because the jailbreak will not work otherwise
- PPHelper will now begin the task of preparing for the jailbreak
- When this has been done, click on the PP icon on your home screen
- Allow a profile to be installed on your device – if you don’t, the jailbreak will not be installed
- Open Settings > Security and look for Profiles. Locate PPHelper and click on Trust
- Now click the PPHelper icon on your home screen
- Allow Push Notifications
- Click the box next to Install PP Assistant to uncheck it
- Click the button in the center of the screen
- Lock your home screen and wait – a Pangu notification will appear
- Ignore the message that says Storage is full
- Wait for your iOS device to reboot and click the PPHelper icon , this will tell you if the jailbreak was successful or not.
- If it was you can go ahead and use Cydia as you have always done in the past. If not, you will need to go through all of these steps again.