Well, folks, after many months of waiting, after numerous updates by Apple, a new jailbreak has finally arrived. PPHelper was released by Pangu in conjunction with PP Assistant and is for iOS 9.2 upto iOS 9.3.3 , all firmwares supported. Unfortunately, there are a couple of downsides to the jailbreak listed below.
Image : PPHelper Jailbreak
- It is only available in the Chinese language. However, an English version will be with us soon
- It will only work on 64-bit devices so anyone with an older device is not going to be able to use it
- It only works on Windows at the moment – a Mac version may follow in the near future
So, if you are able to use the jailbreak and you have not yet done so, now is a good time to update to iOS 9.3.3 download [ext link] to take advantage of any bug fixes and performance enhancements before you jailbreak. Make sure you update using iTunes, not OTA.
Supported Devices :
If your device is not on this list, you cannot use PPHelper jailbreak:
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
Things to Do Before Jailbreaking :
To make sure the jailbreak goes off smoothly, you must first prepare your device:
- Update iTunes to the latest version if you haven’t already done so
- Take a backup of your data through iTunes and or iCloud so you don’t lose everything in the event of a problem
- If you have already updated your device using the OTA method, you must now Restore it using iTunes, otherwise, the jailbreak will not work.
- Disable your passcode
- Disable Touch ID
- Disable Find my iPhone | iPad
- Make space on your device – delete all unneeded files, cache files, temporary files, etc. Delete apps that you no longer need or use and move your media files to an external storage source – you can put them back afterward.
Jailbreak iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3 with PPHelper :
- Download PPHelper [ext link] onto your Windows PC
- Now connect your PC and open iTunes – this is just to make sure your device is being recognized
- Close iTunes
- Right-click on the jailbreak icon on your desktop and click on Run as Administrator
- PPHelper will open, wait for it to pick up your connected iOS device
- If it doesn’t, disconnect your device, wait a minute and then reconnect it
- You may be asked to type a Captcha code in – do so because the jailbreak will not work otherwise
- PPHelper will now begin the task of preparing for the jailbreak
- When this has been done, click on the PP icon on your home screen
- Allow a profile to be installed on your device – if you don’t, the jailbreak will not be installed
- Open Settings > Security and look for Profiles. Locate PPHelper and click on Trust
- Now click the PPHelper icon on your home screen
- Allow Push Notifications
- Click the box next to Install PP Assistant to uncheck it
- Click the button in the center of the screen
- Lock your home screen and wait – a Pangu notification will appear
- Ignore the message that says Storage is full
- Wait for your iOS device to reboot and click the PPHelper icon – this will tell you if the jailbreak was successful or not.
- If it was you can go ahead and use Cydia as you have always done in the past. If not, you will need to go through all of these steps again.