Jailbreaks are the hot topic of the iOS community from the last few weeks, right from the time when the iOS 8.3 jailbreak was released by TaiG. It marked the beginning of a fresh start of jailbreak updates. The PP team soon released its jailbreak tool and thus the jailbreak community received two competitors fighting for the best position. Please note that this tutorial is valid for all taig Mac jailbreak tools .
Image : Jailbreaking on Mac using Taig for Mac
While the TaiG team was the more trusted one initially and the PP team was considered a pirate who just wrapped TaiG’s jailbreak in a new package to release the PP jailbreak, it was after the iOS 8.4 official release that PP started proving its mettle. The PP team brought out the first PP iOS 8.4 Jailbreak Tool and thus surprised us all with the TaiG team following a few hours with the release of TaiG iOS 8.4 Jailbreak Tool.
Mac Jailbreak for iOS 8.4 :
Since then, both the tools have been used by iOS users all around the world to jailbreak their devices. But what happened next shocked us all. The PP team released their PP iOS 8.4 Jailbreak Tool for Mac and thus made the Mac users happy as well as surprised. This move was expected from the leader, the TaiG team, as the TaiG tool still had a lot of more fans that the PP Tool.
TaiG fans were praying since long for a Mac Supported version of the TaiG tool and questions were being asked as to why the TaiG team is taking so long to release support for Mac when the underestimated PP team did it very early. But now the TaiG team has resolved all the questions by doing just what the users wanted. Yes! The TaiG iOS 8.4 Jailbreak Tool for Mac is out after a long and excruciating wait. So the Mac users who are regular jailbreakers can now take a sigh of relief as they won’t have to use a Windows emulator on their Mac to jailbreak their iOS devices.
This new Mac tool supports iOS 8.1.3 to iOS 8.4 and all the devices running these iOS versions, including the latest iPod Touch 6, are supported by the tool. If you have already jailbroken to iOS 8.4, then you need not do anything. But if you are still not jailbroken and you use Mac, then this tutorial is exactly for you. This step-by-step guide will help you to jailbreak your iOS 8.4 device easily using the TaiG Jailbreak Tool for Mac OS X.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac using TaiG Tool :
Before starting the jailbreak process, do not forget to take a full backup of your iOS device using iTunes or iCloud. In case of data loss, you will be able to gain your data back. Now follow the below-given steps .
- This tool works even with the older iOS versions, but it is recommended that you update to iOS 8.4 to have a smooth jailbreaking experience. OTA updates tend to have issues with modern jailbreaks like TaiG, so do a fresh restore through iTunes. You can get the iOS 8.4 firmware file from the following link : Download iOS 8.4 Final IPSW [ links for iPhone and iPad ].
- Now download the TaiG iOS 8.4 Jailbreak Tool For Mac OS X.
- Next, toggle Find My iPhone off by going into Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and tap it to toggle it off.
- Toggle off the Touch ID | Passcode by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Quit iTunes and Xcode as asked by Taig
- Plug in your iOS device to your Mac. In case your device prompts a message saying Trust This Computer ?, just tap the Trust button.
- Now open the TaiG tool for Mac which you downloaded in the 2nd Step. If you face this error ” TaiG Cant Be Opened – Unidentified Developer” follow the linked tutorial to fix this and proceed to Step 8 .
- The Cydia option must be checked while the 3K Assistant option must remain unchecked.
- Finally, click on the Start button to begin jailbreaking your device.
- Now wait patiently and do not disturb the tool or the device until the Jailbreak Succeeded message pops up.
- Your iOS device will reboot after the jailbreak process is completed and you will find Cydia on your home screen.
Done ! You can now re-enable Find My iPhone and Touch ID – Passcode.