The last few months have been a busy time for Apple as they worked on iOS 10, along with updates to Mac OS and Watch OS. iOS 10 download [ext link] has now been released to the public and to complement it we have also had a new update to iTunes. v12.5.1 has been released alongside the new operating system for Windows and Mac OS and contains a few bug fixes as well as enhancements to performance. There are also a few other features worthy of note.
Image : iTunes Download for PC and Mac
Features of iTunes 12.5.1 :
- Full compatibility with iOS 10
- Apple Music gets a new user interface, a much simpler one that provides clarity for users
- Mac OS Sierra enhancements including Siri and being able to use your voice to play your music in Apple Music and your library
- Brand new PiP feature. Picture-in-Picture allows you to watch a video while you work, with the video floating at the top of the screen in the corner
iOS 10 and iTunes are available to be downloaded immediately. With the iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus also due to start shipping in the next few days, iTunes is going to be extremely busy as hundreds of thousands of users connect to it to backup their devices and download iOS 10. Although iTunes does have compatibility with iOS 10, expect delays as the servers try to cope with the sheer numbers of people trying to update at the same time.
iOS 10 Jailbreak Update :
As iOS 10 has only just been released, it is a little early to know when we will see an iOS 10 jailbreak for it. Although the jailbreak teams will have been examining the betas for iOS 10, they will now need to spend time looking at the public release before they can release a jailbreak. In the meantime, if you are using the latest jailbreak, PPHelper for iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3 and you don’t want to lose it, or the ability to jailbreak until a new utility is released, don’t update your iOS device. If you do, you will not be able to downgrade back to a jailbreakable version of the iOS.
Download iTunes :
You can update to iTunes 12.5.1 by :
- Opening iTunes on your computer
- Clicking on the menu bar and then on Check for Updates
- Following the instructions on the screen when iTunes finds the new updates
Or you can go to the updates tab in your Mac store or click on this link [ext link] to download and update.
What do you think of the changes in iTunes ? Do you use it enough to make the update worthwhile ? Let us know in the comments box below and follow us on Facebook. You can also Subscribe to our email newsletter to be first in line with the latest developments