The long wait for a jailbreak is finally over with the release of PPHelper for iOS 9.2. This is the first public jailbreak we have seen for some months and the most likely reason for the delay is the number of updates that Apple has been releasing to fix bugs and the sheer rate at which they have come out. While some users have gotten somewhat annoyed at the lack of a jailbreak, others have been forced to update to fix serious bugs on their iOS devices, leaving them without the option to downgrade back to a jailbreakable version.
Image : iOS 9.2 Jailbreak Update
We have heard a lot of rumors in the past few months about jailbreaks and we have seen a fair bit of evidence that the later iOS versions can be jailbroken but nothing has been released publicly until now. At the start of July, we were told there was the possibility of an iOS 9.2 jailbreak and today we have that utility ready for downloading. However, the PPHelper for iOS 9.2 is not going to be usable by everyone :
- Anyone who doesn’t run Windows as their computer operating system will into be able to install PPHelper jailbreak on their devices. As soon as a Mac version is released we’ll provide you with all the details you need
- If you own a 64-bit device, you can install PPHelper. Only 32-bt devices are not supported this time, leaving a small percentage of users without the option to jailbreak.
Supported Devices :
The following is a list of all of the devices that are supported by PPHelper for iOS 9.2:
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Pro
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPod Touch 6
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.2 :
At the moment, we have three ways for you to install PPHelper on your compatible iOS 9.2 device :
Method 1 : PPHelper Jailbreak
Right now, PPHelper has only been released in the Chinese language but, to make sure you don’t miss out and can jailbreak your iOS 9.2 device properly you can follow the English language tutorial at the given link to help you install PPHelper.
Method 2 : Download Taig 9.2 app icon using Safari Method
- On your iPhone running iOS 9.2 , launch Safari and open your favorite search engine
- Now type in this url taigjailbreak.org. This page is specially designed to open on your iPhone and iPad , for Taig app icon download.
- Now after the page is fully loaded , tap at the UP arrow as you see in the picture below and then tap on Add to HomeScreen
- Name the app as Taig and tap on Add
- Now you will have Taig app icon on iOS 9.2 homescreen . Tap on it to launch and get the latest Taig 9.2 Jailbreak updates directly on your device .
Method 3 : Taig 9.2 Installer
This is not available for use at the time of writing but, as soon as it is, we’ll pass the details on to you. To make sure you get those details, direct to your email inbox, Subscribe to our free newsletter below and follow us on Facebook.
Image : Taig 9.2 Jailbreak Installer