The TaiG team has been leading the jailbreak community with timely updates to errors and fixes. We all know the TaiG tool is not perfect and is filled with errors, mainly the issue of the jailbreak progress getting stuck at particular points. TaiG, after releasing the iOS 8.3 jailbreak, went on to release many fixes and updates, followed by the iOS 8.4 jailbreak and more fixes, but the error of getting stuck at 30 and 40% was still persistent. This was making it very difficult for some users to jailbreak their devices using the TaiG tool. But TaiG has finally fixed the issue and released an update for the same.
Image : How to Jailbreak iOS 8.3
The TaiG 2.4.2, this update was released today and is a major fix which completely eliminates the jailbreak bump at 30% and 40% mark. If you had faced the same error, you can successfully jailbreak now using the 2.4.2 beta version of the tool. Another good news for the unjailbroken users is that this new version comes bundled with the 1.1.23 version of Cydia Installer, which brings in a couple of important new features as well as critical bug fixes.
The 2.4.2 beta version of the TaiG tool supports iOS 8.4 right down up to iOS 8.1.3. Those who have used the tool below will find it totally familiar. But if you have never used it before and are jailbreaking for the first time, then you don’t need to panic at all. The process is extremely simple and this tutorial will help you to jailbreak your iOS device with TaiG 2.4.2 beta.
Note: Before proceeding, please note that this is a beta version and may contain some bugs. So use this tool only if you have tried and failed with the previous versions of TaiG. Also, the tool is for Windows only, so those running Mac will have to use an emulator.
Before you Start :
- Make sure iTunes is at version 12.0.1 . If not , Downgrade your iTunes [ext link].
- Make sure that your iOS device is at iOS 8.1.3 – iOS 8.3
- Make sure icloud and your passcode/touch id is off
- Make sure you don’t have any anti-virus programs targeting the app (I had that happen to me with this)
- Make sure that your running the app as an administrator program (to do that, right click the program and press “Run as Administrator”)
- Make sure you didn’t do the OTA (over the air) upgrade through your settings. If you do, back up your data, put your idevice in DFU mode, and format the device through itunes
- Have your iOS device in airplane mode .
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.3
- Also before you begin, you must make a complete backup of your data either using iTunes or to iCloud.
- Now you will need to download the new version of the TaiG tool. So go to the following link and Download TaiG jailbreak tool.
- If your PC is not running the latest version of iTunes, make sure to update it before jailbreaking. Running an older version of iTunes may result in jailbreak errors. So when you have the latest iTunes version installed, take a complete backup of your iOS device data either through iTunes or iCloud.
- After backing up, restore your iOS device to the latest iOS 8.3 fresh from scratch using iTunes. Restoring is important because OTA updates don’t work nicely with modern jailbreaks such as TaiG. Go to the following link to Download iOS 8.3 IPSW.
- Now you need to disable the Find My iPhone feature in your iOS device. Do this by navigating to Settings – iCloud – Find My iPhone. Now turn the Find My iPhone toggle off. To confirm the action, fill in your Apple ID and password when asked for.
- The next step is to disable Touch ID and Passcode. Do this by navigating to Settings – Touch ID & Passcode. Now tap the option labelled as Turn Passcode Off.
- Next, connect your iOS device to the PC and start the TaiG 2.4.2 beta jailbreak tool that you downloaded initially.
- Your device will be identified. Once done, click the Start button to begin jailbreaking your device. Ensure that the 3K Assistant check-box has been unchecked.
- When the jailbreak process is completed, your iOS device will restart and you will find the Cydia icon right on your home screen.
- Your device is successfully jailbroken now .
- You can now turn on the Passcode/Touch ID and Find My iPhone options. Enjoy your favourite jailbreak tweaks!
Note : Some users are reportedly getting stuck at the 20% progress mark while jailbreaking with the TaiG tool. If you are experiencing the same, you can try again after downgrading your iTunes to version 12.0.1. If that still does not solve the problem, we suggest you wait for a fix by TaiG.