The number of updates that Apple has pushed out for iOS 10 is just one of the factors in the lack of jailbreaks for the latest iOS firmware. Add to that the addition of Rootless technology in iOS 10 and it is small wonder that we have managed to get a jailbreak at long last. In the absence of any information from Pangu, Taig or PP jailbreak teams, Luca Todesco has stepped in and brought us Yalu Jailbreak for iOS 10.2.1 and here are two ways to get it onto your iOS device.
Image : iOS 10.2.1 Jailbreak Update
Method 1 : Safari Method
Please note that this method will only work with the Safari browser on your iOS device; no other browser is supported
- Open the Safari browser app on your iOS device and go to the address bar
- Type in taigjailbreak.org and tap on Go
- Locate the UP arrow on the website that loads up [ top right corner for the iPad and bottom center for the iPhone ]
- Now some new options will appear at the bottom of your screen . Select the one in the middle , Add to Home Screen
- Now you must give the app icon a name so type in Taig and tap on Add
- When you come out of Safari, you will see the Taig app icon on your home screen. For instant updates on the TaiG iOS 10.2.1 jailbreak, tap on the icon
Video: This is a walkthrough of these steps
Method 2 : Yalu Jailbreak
While it is great to have a jailbreak for iOS 10.2.1, it isn’t like the jailbreaks you have become used to and it isn’t a simple one-click process to downloading it. You must have a valid Apple ID because you are going to need to sideload it onto your iPhone or iPad using another tool called Cydia Impactor.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak App
You should also be aware that, as this is a semi-untethered jailbreak, you are going to have to reinstall the jailbreak every time you reboot your iPhone or iPad. As well as that, this may not be a fully stable jailbreak yet and you might encounter a few problems – don’t worry because it is very easy to remove Yalu if you need to. For more information about Yalu jailbreak and how to install it on your iOS device, check out the link below.
A little more patience is required now as we wait for news from Taig on the iOS 10.2.1 jailbreak but, in the meantime, you can follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter for updates sent straight to your inbox.