If you updated to iOS 8.x.x then you would have been surprised by the release of the untethered jailbreak by Taig. Many jailbreakers will already have installed the jailbreak but for some, it is already starting to cause problems. The new jailbreak fully supports all devices that will run on iOS 8.x.x but a number of users have already complained that, despite having a supported device, they are unable to use the jailbreak and have encountered an error screen. The most likely causes for the error are :
TaiG Jailbreak Problems :
- You don’t have iTunes
- You haven’t disabled your passcode or Touch ID
- You haven’t disabled Find my iPhone
- Your PC internet connection is not on or has disconnected
Here is a list of Taig Errors :
- Taig Stuck at 20% – 60%
- Apple Driver Error
- Cant Find Apple Driver – Taig Error
- Stuck at 30% – Taig Error
Fix TaiG Problems :
This tells you exactly what you need to do to ensure you can install Taig and get rid of the error screen and here’s how to do it .
- Find my iPhone – open Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone. You will need to enter your Apple ID and password before you can disable the feature.
- Touch ID – if present on your device – open Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. Scroll down the screen and tap on Use Touch ID For. Now tap on iPhone Unlock to disable it
- Passcode – open Settings > Touch ID and Passcode or Settings>Passcode if your device doesn’t have Touch ID, and tap on Turn Passcode Off to disable it.
Make sure your computer has a working internet connection and you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC before trying to install the jailbreak. You can check on your iTunes version by:
- Opening iTunes
- Click on the Help menu
- Click on Check for Updates and iTunes will detect the version you are running. If a new version is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it
You should also make sure that you either update or restore your device to iOS 8.1.1 using iTunes and not OTA as this will interfere with the jailbreak. If you’ve done all that, you can install Taig jailbreak.