With iOS 8.1.2 dropping on us unexpectedly yesterday, there was some doubt as to whether it would patch the Taig jailbreak or not. Several tweets from developers seemed to indicate that the jailbreak was safe but it wasn’t until a little while ago that Taig themselves confirmed it and released an update to their jailbreak utility.
Image : TaiG 1.2.0 Download
iOS 8.1.2 is only a small update, released to fix an issue that some a handful of users experienced when ringtones purchased through iTunes disappeared from their devices. The update contains instructions on how to restore those ringtones. There were a couple of other minor fixes and improvements to speed and performance but, on the whole, it isn’t anything to get too excited about.
When the developers started issuing tweets, they all said that, as far as they could see all that was needed was an update to the Taig jailbreak which wouldn’t be too difficult as it did not need any major work and no more exploits were needed to do it. And now Taig v1.2.0 has been released for anyone that wants to update to iOS 8.1.2 and then jailbreak.
TaiG Jailbreak v 1.2.0 Supported :
The jailbreak supports all devices that can run iOS 8 or higher, namely as follows.
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 4S
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPod Touch 5
Download TaiG :
Before You Jailbreak :
- Back up the data on your iPhone 6 using iTunes and/or iCloud
- Disable your Passcode – Settings > Passcode>Simple Passcode
- Disable Touch ID if you use it – Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
- Disable Find my iPhone – Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone
- Put your iPhone 6 into Airplane mode – Settings > Airplane Mode or do it from the control center
How to Download and Install Jailbreak Taig v1.2.0 :
Please note this is for Windows users only, Mac users click here.
- Download Taig. This is a Zip file so extract it to your desktop
- Make sure your iOS iPhone 6 is connected to your PC
- Double check that you have carried out the above steps and that you did not update to iOS 8.1.2 via OTA – if you did you will need to restore via iTunes
- Right-click the Taig icon and choose Run as Administrator
- Let Taig detect your iPhone 6 and uncheck the box next to 3K Assistant
- Click the green Jailbreak button and leave taig to jailbreak your iPhone 6
- When the jailbreak has completed, your iPhone 6 will reboot and Cydia will be on your Home screen
The jailbreak should be trouble-free but if you run into trouble, check these guides:
The utility is only available for Windows users but Mac owners can still use the workaround to install Windows 10 Technical preview and use the Windows version of the utility. A Mac version is being worked on but there is no news on when it will be released for public use at this stage.